Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nurse dress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Nurse dress Reply with quote

Hello ladies. I've got a question about the white nurse dress. In many propaganda posters I can see the 1941 version of this uniform -
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b0/8f/24/b08f248bb1a8e2325181eb33b83408ba.jpg
but in this poster dress is like this and it's just different, you know, no pockets (?) and other placement of buttons.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/34/6a/41/346a41d5a193c3b5e93197b7a7c72955.jpg

Is this just previous model of 1941 dress? If yes, it's all right to wear this in WW2 reenacment, or this version was something really rare and not in use later?
memphis_belle
Poland
Poland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is the Army Nurse Corps white hospital uniform (button front) and the second one is the Navy Nurse Corps white indoor duty uniform (the dress bodice buttoned down the center and the skirt part had a button closure at the left side). I'm afraid that the author of the second poster mixed up the two organizations as the Navy nurse is wearing Army nurse insignia and cape.
Marie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! This poster really tricked me Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum