Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANC Blue uniform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NDORRIS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: ANC Blue uniform Reply with quote

Hi All!

You all were so much help last time that when I came up with another question, this was where I knew I needed to be -- I have the opportunity to purchase the early ANC Blue dress jacket with lighter blue skirt and I had two questions that I wanted to iron out before I commit to buy:

1: the navy blue jacket does not have a belt with it, nor does it have any belt loops anywhere on the exterior. Has this been encountered before? The jacket looks perfect, including the official "regulation u.s. army nurse" uniform label inside. I figure that maybe since it was from a custom tailor that it might not have been rigged for the belt? Would this be an earlier or later version of the jacket?

2: second -- the skirt is the correct lighter shade of blue than the jacket, but I am told by the seller that the side zipper itself is also blue. Have any of you ever heard of that? Maybe another custom tailor touch? There is also a faded out oilcloth tag inside the skirt -- would this have been an army size tag?

Thanks so much in advance for all the help that you guys will provide. If you would like to see photos, please provide an email address for me to send them to and I'd be happy to do that. Thanks again, and I'll look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,
Nick
Katy
"Caretaker"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

I hope the questions have been all solved via e-mail.

Good luck with your purchase. It looked like a great and rare set!

Best wishes,
Katy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum