Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nurses can p e

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Nurses can p e Reply with quote

Hi to anyone who can help. I have in my collection a blue wool nurses cape with red lining. It has brass officers buttons and embroidered on the collar is P.H.S.N. 1943. Does anyone know what the letters stand for? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Emmelie
Netherlands
Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

It sounds like you have a civilian nurse's cape in your possession. At least, not an Army or Navy nurse version, because they didn't have any buttons on them.

The letters usually stand for the name of the hospital the nurse worked at in the United States.

However, I have read somewhere that nurses attached to the Public Health Service had a similar cape (blue with red/maroon lining). So the letters could also stand for "Public Health Service Nurse". You'd need to look into that though, because I'm not 100% sure about it. Chances are it's "just" a civilian nurse cape.

Hope this helps! Smile

Emmelie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum