Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information on "Nightingale in the Jungle" by Iren

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barbara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Information on "Nightingale in the Jungle" by Iren Reply with quote

I have a copy of the book "A Nightingale in the Jungle" by Irene Hardison and am trying to get some idea of value but am having trouble finding information. It was published by Dorrance & Company, dated 'copyright 1954'. The dust jacket has short edge tears but is in fairly good
condition and the book itself is clean and in very nice condition. There is an inscription signed by the author on the front free endpaprer (dated December 25, 1954), below which is taped a newspaper clipping announcing a cocktail buffet supper which was held to introduce 'local author' "Irene Hardison, author of 'Nightingale in the Jungle' released for publication recently", also giving the married name of the author and her actual place of residence at that time. Any help or information as to how or where I could proceed would be appreciated, thanks.
MissMartha
USA
USA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try abebooks.com or albris.com. They have extensive lists of books that are out of print.
barbara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re:Information on "Nightingale in the Jungle" by I Reply with quote

Thank you, MissMartha. Yes, I've tried both of them, and others including bookfinder.com but they have none or were sold out. I also did a google search and came up with nothing that would help.
Thanks again for your suggestion, I really appreciate it.
Barbara[/quote]
MissMartha
USA
USA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can think of anything else I'll let you know!

I know the frustration of trying to find a book!

Best Regards and Good Luck,

Martha
aijabran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: nightingale in the jungle Reply with quote

Hi,
I would be interested in purchasing your copy if you decide to sell it. My mother has wanted a copy for awhile so if you aren't charging too much....
Just email me on what you decide to charge so I can consider it.. Thanks
aijabran@yahoo.com
baywop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: nightingale in the jungle Reply with quote

Thank you for writing. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but I was not notified by email that a new message had been posted here so I wasn't aware of your message until I checked back here today.
As much as I would like to oblige, I'm still trying to find out more about the book before I decide to sell it, as information has been very hard to find. I haven't done much on my research since January but have taken it up again and am currently in the process of trying on other message boards. I will probably list it on eBay when the time comes, and I will let you know at that time in case you might like to follow it. In the meantime, if I do receive any information in my latest efforts, I will let you know as soon as I have an idea of its value.
Thanks again for your interest.
Barbara
greenbaywop@yahoo.ca

aijabran wrote:
Hi,
I would be interested in purchasing your copy if you decide to sell it. My mother has wanted a copy for awhile so if you aren't charging too much....
Just email me on what you decide to charge so I can consider it.. Thanks
aijabran@yahoo.com
cbryant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Irene Hardison was my grandmother Reply with quote

Irene Hardison was my grandmother. The books are hard to find and the value of the books that come up usually demonstrate that. Sometimes I think my family and I are the only ones purchasing these as they come up and are charging us accordingly. One woman sold one to me for $100 in return for driving to Silverthorne and spending lunch telling her about my grandmother. Another was purchased by a cousin for about $300. I think we (the family) have found and purchased four to date.
Many were signed, as Nanee (Irene) gave them to family and friends.
Only one of the two that my mother and I have ha a dust jacket intact.
I understand that you want info on the value, and I hope this helps. I do hope that you have some appreciation for the book itself and realize what an amazing woman she was to have lived those experiences with grace, dignity and strength.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum