Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombatEngineer44

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: What is it? Reply with quote

Katie(and all)...
We spoke a long while back about an item I could not identify and was going to take a photo. Well, that was probably 2 years ago and keep forgetting.

There is one listed on Ebay if you wouldn't mind taking a look and give an opinion. Even the seller is not sure but has been told by others it is a scarf. I don't think so. Too long and too narrow in my opinion.

I have at least 3 WAC groupings with this same item so it was issued for something. Hope this will link it for you:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wwii-Wac-waac-Scarf-/253203294420?hash=item3af417a8d4:g:u7QAAOSwpbRZ3ksC

The item is 253203294420 if it will not link.

Hope all is well!

Steve(and Karen)
Katy
"Caretaker"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Honestly, I have no idea what it is and doubt that it was officially issued as a part of the WAC wardrobe.

To me it appears like some kind of webbing belt (and not a scarf). The fraying on the ends is strange though.

Best wishes
Katy
CombatEngineer44

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: scarf Reply with quote

Leave it to me to find another odd item! Like I said, these have been in several WAC groupings but no other WWII women's branches I have.
I'm going to take a photo to a WAC and see if she knows!!
Thanks for taking the time.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum