Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPARS summer seersucker uniform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flygirl43

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: SPARS summer seersucker uniform Reply with quote

Greetings, ladies!
I just procured a SPARS summer tunic that is missing two buttons. They are Navy resin buttons that look more black than light navy blue. Looks like they are originally from this particular uniform, as it came from an estate. There was another tunic that was sold by the same seller from the same estate, but the picture is murky, and the buttons are not visible. What would be the right buttons for the SPARS seersucker tunic? Coast guard or Navy (light blue or dark blue/black?)

Greatly appreciate your responses!
Katy
"Caretaker"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

a WWII SPARS seersucker uniform would be properly worn with the navy blue (nearly black) Coast Guard buttons (you can see the buttons on the page I have linked).

http://www.blitzkriegbaby.de/spars/spars3.htm

(Sometimes uniforms with Coast Guard label were worn by Navy personnel and vice versa. Since they had the same design, this was no problem.)

Greetings
Katy
Flygirl43
USA
USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: SPARS seersucker buttons Reply with quote

Thank you for responding, Katy. Itís just this particular US COAST GUARD uniform was issued to a SPAR, but had only two buttons left, and they were NAVY navy blue buttons, which I think are the originals, and it was confusing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum