Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clubmobile uniform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Clubmobile uniform Reply with quote

Hello all!
I've got a question about Doughnut Girls uniform. Recently, I found out that this uniform was very similar to the RAF WW2. It will be a big mistake if I change a bit my RAF uniform (side of the buttons and other placement of metal buckle, patches/insignia in the right places) to use it as an ARC one? And pants also required some changes, but not so serious at all. I'm really curious about this right now, sorry if my question is stupid. Also, I was searching for the original uniforms of those girls, but damn, they're so rare and expensive! Sad
Greetings,
Marie
Anne
Netherlands
Netherlands

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Maria. That's no stupid question at all. Asked it myself earlier this year on this same forum Wink
When you sign up to join the forum you'll be able to see the all the previous posts.

I gave up looking for a original ARC ike jacket. The serge wool fabric they used for the raf battle dress uniforms are to scruffy and wooly for the ARC uniforms.

I recently purchased 2 Korean period us air force male ike jackets and am looking to convert them.
Marie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! Very Happy
CombatEngineer44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: CM Jacket Reply with quote

Just off the top of my head....what about using the Military Welfare short jacket which should be easier to find? Wasn't that the same as the Clubmobile? Actually, I think it was taken from them. I think I have one somewhere in a MW grouping but have not looked at it in a long time. Just shooting from the hip here.
I saw 2 at the SOS last year and, yeah, they were very proud of them! Good luck!
I think the material can be purchased in England because I was going to have a couple pair of trousers made(never got to it).
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum