Women for Victory Forum Index Women for Victory
Study and Research Board for Female WWII Reenactors

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nurses on GUadalcanal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Nurses on GUadalcanal Reply with quote

11 Jan 2017

I want to know who was the first Nurse on Guadalcanal during WW II? Name and date?

I have a journal from a Airplane Mechanic who was assignd to Henderson Field Guadalcanal Mar 1943 through Jun 1944 and he mentions that he walked passed two Navy nurses on 10 and 26 Oct 1943.

From another source I have an Army Nurse stepping off an evacuation aircraft at Henderson Field Jun 1944 as the first woman on Guadalcanal.

Help please - My email is william.h.little@gmail.com
Katy
"Caretaker"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry, but I don't have this information. I hope someone who knows the answer will e-mail you.

Greetings,
Katy
memphis_belle
Poland
Poland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW2 RADIO on Facebook has published an album a few days ago with photographs of first women on Guadalcanal - Flight Nurses. No names mentions though. Pictures are dated April 1943 (but it might as well be the date of development of the film).

https://www.facebook.com/Radio.WW2/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1865080183737969
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Women for Victory Forum Index -> I have a question... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum